I was recently going through some old stuff and found a couple of pieces of paper that said “What I know” that included a list of my life lessons (some I learned through mistakes … and some things I got right the first time).
As I read through the list, I remembered writing it about 3-years ago to remind myself of things I have learned, that I didn’t want to forget. I was pretty happy to realize that I have referenced specific things on this list many times throughout the past few years to help me through my own experiences, and when sharing with friends … even without remembering this list existed (… and I also realized there were a few things on this list came as nice reminders of things I forgot I knew).
As I read through the list, I remembered writing it about 3-years ago to remind myself of things I have learned, that I didn’t want to forget. I was pretty happy to realize that I have referenced specific things on this list many times throughout the past few years to help me through my own experiences, when giving advice to friends as well as guiding clients… even without remembering this list existed (… and I also realized there were a few things on this list came as nice reminders of things I forgot I knew).
It’s actually a pretty cool exercise to write down all the things you know. Try it! … you probably know more than you think.
- Do the things that make you happy (don’t talk about doing them, DO THEM). This keeps you YOU, and being you is the best gift you can give to yourself and everyone around you.
- Being in love is the best feeling in the world.
- Always do your best, even when executing the smallest task … it’s good practice for the big stuff.
- A new song can bring you back to life.
- Life with good girlfriends just makes everything so much better.
- Seeing the best in people will instantly make life more beautiful.
- Before you fall in love with a guy, it’s kind of important that you make sure you like him first.
- Despite my lifelong fear, using a BBQ is actually not that scary.
- Comparing yourself to others and judging people never leads to anything good.
- There’s nothing more comfortable than dinner with your friends & family.
- When you are in a relationship, you must take responsibility for your own happiness. How not to lose a guy (and more importantly yourself) in 10 days
- DO NOT IGNORE RED FLAGS. They are there for a reason.
- When someone offers you an opportunity to work/live abroad, go!
- Experience is seriously underrated.
- You seriously need to be careful what you wish for … just remember to be very specific! (VERY!)
- Finding ways to create balance in all parts of your life will keep you more productive.
- Successful public speaking comes from knowing your topic. Your job should be something you are good at & love.
- When you go on vacation (no matter where you are going, or for how long) ALWAYS bring workout clothes, a bathing suit and running shoes.
- When you smile at people, they usually smile back.
- Do your best not to make assumptions; despite how smart you are, you actually do not know what other people are thinking.
- Listening to good music throughout the day just makes life more fun.
- It’s important to spend time alone & enjoy it.
- Sexy is just as important as feeling beautiful.
- Always listen to your intuition. (Listening to it will save you the eventual apology to it for ignoring it.)
- Weddings in Mexico are legal in the U.S.
- It’s o.k. to have a bad day. Be in it. The sooner you accept it, the sooner you can move through it.
- Being sensitive can actually be a good thing.
- If you have a good idea, write it down, then do something with it.
- Before signing a contract, always have a lawyer look it over (it’s smart business).
- Always be kind and compassionate to those around you.
- Knowing your worth makes it so much easier to get what you actually deserve.
- If you are in a bad mood, go surfing.
- If you are feeling lost, travel.
- Having an organized closet will keep you organized in other parts of your life.
- Life is actually much simpler than we think.
- Don’t place so much meaning on everything in life. Some things are just what they are.
- Music is the best time capsule.
- If you look for beauty in the world … you will find it.
- Happiness comes from being yourself.
- If you listen, you really do have all of the answers.
- Yoga can change your life.
- It’s better to take baby steps, than no steps at all.
- Blogging + wine is a bad idea.
- The best moments don’t always lead where you think, and the worst moments can lead you to a place you never even knew existed.
- Don’t think too much.
46. In business, or anything for that matter, it’s easy to compete. It’s collaboration that takes care, love and patience to figure out how to collectively work together to ultimately create real change while elevating each other.
47. Your most important tool is business is your intuition. Hands down. If you nurture it, it will nurture you.